Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Trip Duration:
- 15 Day(s)
- Trip Grade:
- Trekking Destination:
- Kalapathar - Everest Base Camp
- Minimum Altitude:
- Maximum Altitude:
- September to late December and February to late June.
- Aero plane
- Walking Hour:
- Approximately 5 - 7 hours each day.
- Explore Sherpa museum in Namche Bazar
- Panoramic view from Syanbu-che Everest View Hill.
- Explore Historical Old Tyangboche Monastery.
- World Highest View Point ( Kalapathar 5550 Meters).
- Explore Sherpa Culture of Solukhumbu Region.
Everest Base Camp Trekking one of the most popular trekking journey among trekkers. Starting at the upper Phakding, this mountain trek follows the Dudh Kosi River then leads to Namche, a busy bazaar that is a junction for trekkers, the local Sherpa and expeditions en route to the mighty Mt. Everest. Along this journey, we are greeted by the magnificent forests of rhododendron, magnolia and giant firs. The best time for Everest Base Camp trekking is during early autumn and late springs when the flowers are blooming all over. After trekking through a high crossing path we will have an enchanting view of Everest and then a 2-hours walk will take us towards the Tangboche Monastery. The beautiful monastery is in the height of 3867m and is surrounded by dwarf firs and rhododendrons.
During the Everest base camp trek, the best view can be seen from this place, from where it looks absolutely mesmerizing and stunning. The descend to Imja Khola takes us to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche and then finally takes us to the Khumbu Glacier. Lobuche, a vantage point for some spectacular views of the Ama Dablam and other peaks, comes after we follow the Khumbu glacier. Then the ascend to Kala pattar[5554m] from where the beautiful scenery of the Himalayas can seen makes you realize that every step that you took was absolutely worth it. Not only that, we can also see the picturesque southwest face of the colossal Mt. Everest. After reaching the Everest base camp at the end of the Khumbu icefall, we make our way back to Lukla.
The specific time to carry out Everest base camp trekking is beginning of March to end of May and beginning of September to end of December. However, you can go over the details of trek in Nepal and even amend it to your desire or your vacation.
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu Airport, Transfer to Hotel and trip information.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Trek Preparation.
- Day 03:Flight Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m), take an easy walk to Phakding (2610 m)
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m.)
- Day 05: Rest at Namche Bazar for acclimatization and excursion around the places.
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche ( 3850m.)
- Day 07:Trek to Dingbuche (4350m)
- Day 08: Day trip to Chhukung valley and back to Dingboche (4410m.)
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuche (4950m.)
- Day 10:Lobuche to Gorakshep (5160m.) Hike up to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshep.
- Day 11:Early morning Hiking to Kalapathar (5545m.), Trek back to Pheriche(4240m.)
- Day 12:Trek back to Namche Bazzar (3440m.)
- Day 13:Trek back to Lukla(2804m.)
- Day 14: Flight back to Kathmandu(1300m.)
- Day 15:Transfer to International Airport for your final departure.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car.
- Standard accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu. This will be for 3 nights in total.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car.
- All your standard Meals during the trek.
- Best available Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Local Sherpa licensed English speaking Guide.
- Porters to carry your luggage during the trek ( share for two people or clients).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Outshine Adventure.
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla - Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- All our government taxes.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance & entrance fees in City.
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver--Tipping is expected.
- Day 01
Arrive at Kathmandu Airport, Transfer to Hotel and trip information.
Airport representative will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu, Holding the name plate of Outshine Aventure on arrival, then we transfer to Hotel, after your check inn at Hotel, we take you at our company for documentation and information.
- Day 02
Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Trek Preparation.
Wake up early morning, have breakfast at hotel than around 9 am we start the tour for Kathmandu Durbar squire, Syambhunath, Buddhanath and Pashupatinath. We provide expert tour guide to explain the monuments and private car for the sightseeing. At afternoon you will have some time at afternoon for equipment shopping or preparation.
- Day 03
Flight Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m), take an easy walk to Phakding (2610 m)
Half an hour flight to Lukla from kathmandu. we have breakfast at Lukla Airport in guest house, from the hotel or guest house you can see the airport and mountain scenery views. After the breakfast we trek down to Phakding which is gradually down ( 200 mtrs). It takes about 3 hours to get at Phakding following the Dudh Koshi river ( white river) and we take rest on the day.
- Day 04
Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m.)
Today is quiet long day for walk comparing to the first day. It takes around 5 hours and we climb about 850 meters up to Namche bazar. We follow the Dudh Koshi river with the nature of Everest region to get Namche Bazar. Namche bazar is a big village of Everest region which is including in Namche Bazar ( market) , many people to go to Namche bazar for shopping also. After long walk and your beginning days of trekking to clump up you feel tired on this day.
- Day 05
Rest at Namche Bazar for acclimatization and excursion around the places.
Today we have whole day for acclimatization and rest. We climb up to Everest view hotel to see the Everest Panoramic ranges including view of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kangaru. It takes about 2 hours to go up and we will have a tea break for an hour with the panoramic view of Everest at Everest View Hotel and we back down to Namche Bazar.
- Day 06
Trek to Tengboche ( 3850m.)
After a day rest in Namche Bazar we continue our trek to Tengboche. It takes about 5 hours to get Tengboche. Tengboche is amazing village in Everest region, from this village you can have chance to see wonderful view of Ama Dablam mountain and a old monastery. In the morning and evening the Lama do worship in the monastery when you can go and visit the monastery , even you have chance to do meditation in the monastery.
- Day 07
Trek to Dingbuche (4350m)
Approximately five hours walk to Dingboche you can enjoy with the rhododendron covered area to emerge to a pleasant level area. Having the Ama Dablam and Kantega (6779m) amazing view you continue your trek as they appear on the opposite bank. Climbing gradually up, winding above the River you get to a big Mani Stupa. Continue the walk is fairly moderate as you enter the Imjatse Valley on the lab of the gorgeous Ama Dablam, Nuptse and Lhotse with views of the eastern snow capped mountains including the Island Peak (6,189m) we reach in Dingboche.
- Day 08
Day trip to Chhukung valley and back to Dingboche (4410m.)
This is another acclimatization day trip to Chhukung valley and back to Dingboche in the evening. The gorgeous scenery of the North face of Ama Dablam and the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge as you explore chhukung valley that leads up to Island Peak. After exploring chhukung valley you have time to relax in the afternoon. You also can enjoy the panoramic view of Island peak, Ama Dablaml, Tawoche peak and other mountains.
- Day 09
Trek to Lobuche (4950m.)
Today we walk about 5 hours. Trek along the Dughla valley, Lobuche is reached by hiking along side frozen rivers where stone houses sit in an icy wilderness of stunning beauty. You will be able to feast your eyes on the Khumbu Ice-fall, Pumori and many smaller peaks from ridge tops on the track.
- Day 10
Lobuche to Gorakshep (5160m.) Hike up to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshep.
It takes about 3.5 hours to Gorakesh and you will hike for another 3 hours to go and back to Everest Base Camp. It makes more comfortable for the altitude to hike up and come down for the night stay. Today it seams like a great day of your trekking because of you will reach your destination. Trek up the valley a short look of the Khumbu Glacier following the rocky path, on the lap of Kala Patthar (5545m) and Mt. Pumori (7145m.) Gorakshep is situated the original of Everest Base Camp. The panoramic view of Nuptse, Lho-La and Khumbutse emerge at the forefront of you. There is also a chance to hear sound of the avalanche and also can be seen on the way.
- Day 11
Early morning Hiking to Kalapathar (5545m.), Trek back to Pheriche(4240m.)
It takes about six hours. It starts early in the morning with a hike up to Kalapatthar (5545 mtrs.), an excellent viewpoint to observe the Mount. Everest and innumerable spectacular mountains views from top of Kalapathar which is also amazing point of this trek, the Panoramic view of Everest Himalayan ranges you will never can forget in your life. You start to feel better and less tiredness because of altitude , also you did great destination.
- Day 12
Trek back to Namche Bazzar (3440m.)
It takes a bit long today but going back down is easy walk for downhill and altitude. Mostly downhill to Namche Bazzar will takes about 6 hours today, which is very scenic mountain view. You can enjoy your evening in Namche where is many facilities like drinks, pool house and shopping.
- Day 13
Trek back to Lukla(2804m.)
Around five and half hours walk you get back to Lukla, today. The last day of your trek to walk from Namche Bazaar via Phakding ( your first night) to Lukla. Also a market place of Everest region to enjoy your rest of day in Lukla. There are some bars , restaurant and shops to pass your rest of the day in Lukla.
- Day 14
Flight back to Kathmandu(1300m.)
Exciting to be back in Kathmandu after awhile without get in touch with family and friends , A Knoch on the door early in the morning for breakfast. The same view as first flight up to Lukla a huge chance to see panoramic Everest range again through out a small windows what you done recently. After half an hour flight you be back to Kathmandu with unforgettable memory of your trip.
- Day 15
Transfer to International Airport for your final departure.
After your Breakfast at Hotel we transfer to International Airport according to your flight time. We could increase the tours or extra activities if you have extra days available according to your desire.
Important Points to Be Noted During Everest Base Camp Trek:
1. Possible Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla: Due to change in unpredictable weather conditions around the mountains, domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and vice versa can get delay at any time. In such conditions, we would request travelers to plan atleast one or two contingency day. Also we would like to inform that we can manage helicopter charter rescue so that you can catch your international flight on time. Extra payment should be made after your arrival at Kathmandu which you can claim later to your travel insurance. [Travel insurance is mandatory before joining Everest Base Camp Trek]
2. About Trip Itinerary: Everest Base Camp Trek Trip Itinerary published above gives an overall overview and can change due to unforeseen conditions like poor weather conditions, strikes and natural calamities. If we have to change the pre designed route or itinerary in any conditions, we will pre inform every group member and final decision will be taken by trekking group leader.
3. Possible Trip Excursions: During your Everest Base Camp Trek, if you have few more days in Nepal and want to experience even more the we can arrange extra night in Hotel with some amazing tour packages like Kathmandu valley tour, Pokhara tour, rafting, bungee, zipflying, mountain flight etc. What is your plan? Share with us and we will try our best to make them happen.
The cost of each trip differs as per the size of group, choice of hotel, clients interest of service and correction in our itinerary.
There is an extra supplementary of 175 dollars per person if you travelling alone or solo trekkers.
I spent very memorable days in the Everest region in Nepal. I used to dream to see this highest peak of the world and now I arrested it in my camera. My guide arranged everything and helped me a lot. He did not let me feel tired and boring. I have read about the Manaslu region and willing to go there with this company again. I like to make a strong recommendation.
I recently completed the Everest Base Camp trek with Gokuls team, Naba and Kaji. It was fantastic. I trusted them to organise and sort every detail of the trip, which I booked at quite short notice. They managed every curve ball (eg flights cancelled) and were very well connected along the way. I travelled by myself but at no point felt awkward about that. What a fantastic trip - and highly recommend the company to facilitate a similar experience for others.
What a great experience. Outshine organized the best possible trip for a great price. Gokul the owner was fast and very effective. He organized our trip from start to finish. He was flexible and organized. Naba our guide and Kazi our poter were awesome. They made our trip. Outshine is a great Nepali company. We are coming back to climb Island Peak with them.
Hi Guys! This is company is super highly recommended, i have booked my adventure with them 3 times within 3 years for a reason. Gokul is easy to communicate and hes reply is very prompt. Hell arrange for you with what ever u need as soon as u arrive at the airport until u go back to the airport to fly back. Price is very reasonable. and for me what matters most is the its more than just business, theres soul in it.
My friend left his phone in the car on the way back to the airport, while we left the Nepal, Gokul manage to save the phone and take the effort to post it back to us.
Write a Review
I spent very memorable days in the Everest region in Nepal. I used to dream to see this highest peak of the world and now I arrested it in...Read More
We hope you are always searching some travel advice ...read more